When editing or creating a new page or blog ensure good standards and do you research for the best page setup and for a good SEO foundation.
There is no point in creating a page that is not structured properly, when it takes a short time to get it right, you should do it right.
SEO relies on technical aspects for a solid on-page set up, here are 5 tips to get you started.
1. Headings & Content– Don't feel the need to over kill the keywords. Use only 2 or 3 times in the content is enough. Once in the heading only though.
Typically use this guide for content headings:
H1 Main Keyword
H2 Feature of that keyword
H3 Benefits to the customers
H4 Expand on more Benefits
2. Content Quality- ensure content is written to your audience and includes the keywords, but not over used.
3. Page title– Keywords go in the Title; but make it appealing, make it topic relevant and check it makes sense
4. URL's– Use keywords that are unique for the page, avoid duplicate words, keep it short.
5. Description– This is what appears in Google search- again make it relevant and as you only get one chance with each visitor make it different to the rest.